- MageSmith 1°
- GreatSpace Order of Hermes
Dugan; Dwarf Ftr3/Wiz6/Mgs2: CR 11; ECL 11; Size M; HD 11; hp 71; Init +5; Spd 15 ft (base 20 ft); AC 14, touch 11, FF 13; BAB +7/+2; Melee Unarmed +9/+4 (1d3 + 2), Pick, heavy MW +10/+5 (1d6 + 2/crit x4), Greataxe +9/+4 (1d12 + 2/crit x3); Ranged Starwheel Pistol +8/+3 (1d10/crit x3); SA +1 to attack orcs/goblinoids; SQ Darkvision, Stonecunning, +2 to saves vs spells or poisons, +4 dodge vs giants; SV Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +11; AL CN; Str 15, Dex 12, Con 17, Int 17, Wis 14, Cha 11.
Languages spoken: Dwarven, Common, Terran
Skills and Feats: Craft (Alchemy) +14, Appraise +16, Craft (Armorsmith) +4, Craft (Weaponsmith) +17, Knowledge (Arcana) +14, Knowledge (Planes) +5, Pilot Spelljammer +4, Speak Language +1, Spellcraft +15, Profession: Spacehand +0, Craft (blacksmithing) +16, Knowledge (Precious Stones) +6, Knowledge (Metals) +6, Craft (Jewelrymaking) +10, Knowledge (Planar Metals) +8, Knowledge (Inner Planes) +5; Armor Proficiency (Heavy), Armor Proficiency (Light), Armor Proficiency (Medium), Combat Reflexes, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Wondrous Item, Forge Ring, Improved Initiative, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Scribe Scroll, Shield Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Artisan, Master Artisan .
Wiz Spells Per Day: 4/5/4/3/1.
Equipment: 580 pp, 32 gp, 5 sp, Heavy mw pick, Starwheel pistol, Greataxe, Studded leather, Bracers of armor +3, Dugan’s mage armor ring, 10 Tindertwig, 4 Thunderstone, 6 Sunrod, 10 Smokestick, 3 Antitoxin (vial), Rod of metal and mineral detection, Flint and steel, Medal: greatspace order of hermes, Dugan’s amulet of magic missiles, Ring of evasion.
Spells Known: Alarm, Arcane lock, Arcane mark, Arcane sight, Light, Bull’s strength, Burning hands, Charm person, Chill touch, Comprehend languages, Continual flame, Detect magic, Disguise self, Dispel magic, Disrupt undead, Explosive runes, Feather fall, Fireball, Flare, Fog cloud, Gust of wind, Identify, Invisibility, Keen edge, Knock, Mage armor, Mage hand, Magic missile, Greater magic weapon, Major image, Mending, Minor image, Mirror image, Prestidigitation, Read magic, Resistance, Rope trick, Shocking grasp, Shrink item, Spectral hand, Summon monster i, Summon monster ii, Summon monster iii, Ta’s hideous laughter, Tensor’s floating disk, True strike.
- Loner/ Talented at a young age
- Shows early aptitude for arcane arts as well as craftsmanship.
- Discovers famous MageSmith ancestor.
- While mining urdurak without permission from veins owned by his uncle, Dugan discovers a fossilised spelljammer of ancient design.
- The wreck and it’s contents are claimed by the city, but not before Dugan ascertains that much of the equipment is composed of unknown metals. Having seen it once before he recognises Starmetal as one of the major components. Numerous other alloys and gems unlike any seen before compose the rest.
- His uncle is not pleased. A vacation seems in order.
- favorite aunt gives him a sack of gold to cover expenses and advises he “go travel a bit” He sets off across Furyony with a merchant caravan.
- As they head south for Greyhawk he hears comments about the “Big Merchants,” and their SkyShips.
- After numerous inquiries in various bars at all hours of the morning he hears of a group of reputed spelljammers. (“Yar, they’re crazy enough,” quips one patron of the Drowned Rat Pub)